Foundry Sea to Sky will be a welcoming place that will work to alleviate feelings of isolation, stigmatization, and anxiety for young people aged 12-24 by providing access to primary care, mental health, substance use intervention, peer support, social services. The centre will include unique design features, safe spaces for confidential services, space for recreation and social activities, and access to garden.
- The Welcome Lobby: the lobby is the first thing youth will see upon entering. It will include our donor tree, a red cedar to represent Squamish. It is the first of its kind within the Foundry network
- The Youth Hub: the Hub will host recreational areas for a pool table, games centre and nutrition station, with access to storage, laundry and a bathroom with a shower for youth who are facing housing insecurity.
- The Phyllis Pritchard Peer Support Room is space where staff will connect with youth and family members providing a bridge between professional support and empathetic help when needed.
- The Group Room is a multi-purpose space allowing for a variety of activities such as group therapy. Study hall, art therapy, classes, workshops, meetings, and more.
- The Demonstration Kitchen will offer cooking sessions for youth, a lunch program, and a space to share meals with peers.
- Two Primary Care Medical Exam Rooms will provide drop-in clinical services for youth.
- A Secure Talking Room is a space where youth and families can connect with a clinical counsellor in a safe space for candid conversations.
- The Work Zone will provide workspaces for Foundry Staff and partner organizations (such as Vancouver Coastal Health, Ministry of Child and Family Development, and Squamish Nation) to facilitate collaborative service plans and care.
- The Foundry Garden will provide youth with learning opportunities and experience growing healthy food.
- The Totem Pole by Art Harry, a Squamish Nation artist, will be featured in the Main Entrance to greet visitors.
LOCATED on the ground floor of the Buckley Affordable Housing Project, a 76-unit housing development, Foundry Sea to Sky will sit next to Howe Sound Secondary School and a public park, and be close to transit and downtown Squamish.
Operating under a Foundry BC model, Foundry Sea to Sky will offer a diverse slate of recreational and educational programs, health and wellness resources, services and supports - all in one convenient location!